Julie is a counsellor and psychotherapist providing short and long-term counselling for individuals, couples and families. She has been practising as a global qualitative researcher for over 25 years which has deepened her curiosity and respect for how unique we all are.
Julie’s areas of interest are:
- Career and workplace issues
- Relationship difficulties with partners, work colleagues or significant other
- Anxiety or depression in expecting and new parents
- Emotional difficulties associated with the menopause
- Grief counselling for individuals and families
- Family and parenting issues
- Childhood trauma or difficulties that have endured into adulthood
- Supporting the wellbeing of family caregivers
- Adolescent mental wellness
- Generalised anxiety and depression in adults
When working with you, Julie works collaboratively in a genuine and non-judgemental way. Your counselling goals are identified and revisited each session. She has a daily yoga practice which keeps her grounded and more able to shine a light on unspoken or unexamined aspects of self or relationships that may provide opportunities for improved wellbeing and personal growth. Julie is trained in a variety of approaches including interpersonal, systemic and psychodynamic therapy.
PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia). Provisional Member
Yoga Australia (Level 1 teacher)
Email: [email protected]