Accredited Gestalt Therapist
Registered Circle of Security Parent Educator
Counselling, Psychotherapy and Assessment for Adults, Adolescents and Children.
Danielle’s areas of expertise with adults are:
- Anxiety and Panic
- Stress Management
- Self Esteem and Confidence
- Relationship Counselling
- Family and Parenting issues
- Adult ADHD
- Learning Difficulties
- Parenting a Child with a Disability/Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Counselling & psychotherapy for Deaf Adults using Auslan(with NABS interpreter)
Danielle’s specialist area of Child and Adolescent psychology includes:
- Child and adolescent psychological assessment
- Learning difficulties
- Behavioural difficulties
- Social difficulties
- Emotional regulation and management
- School refusal/school based anxiety
- School and home based difficulties due to disabilities/disorders including (but not limited to) intellectual disability, ASD, hearing loss, language disorders, learning disabilities and ADHD
- School based problems including bullying
- Parent and child relationships
- Families with a child with a disability/disorder
- Concerns about parenting
- Anxiety and depression
- Eating disorders
- Counselling and psychotherapy for Deaf children and adolescents using Auslan (with NABS interpreter)
Danielle is a registered psychologist and has worked for the Department of Education and Training in a range of school-based settings. She passionately believes that every child has the right to develop to their unique potential and deserves every opportunity to do so. Her focus is on developing interventions and treatments for children, adolescents and their families that support healthy child behaviour and healthy social, emotional and psychological development.
Danielle can provide psychological and behavioural assessment to inform these interventions and treatments. Reports from these assessments give information and strategies to support student’s learning at school. She is experienced in collaborating with other health providers including speech therapists, occupational therapists, doctors, paediatricians and psychiatrists.
Danielle also works with adult clients and provides a warm, supportive, compassionate and non-judgemental therapeutic environment that supports clients to recognise their own strengths and abilities to overcome life challenges.
Danielle holds a Certificate III in Auslan and is able to provide a culturally and linguistically sensitive service to Deaf clients. Whilst conversationally proficient in Auslan, she is aware that a genuinely accessible counselling or psychotherapy service requires the use of a NAATI accredited Auslan/English interpreter. Danielle can arrange for an interpreter through NABS or Deaf clients are able to arrange an accredited interpreter themselves, if preferred.
Danielle uses a wide range of approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy, Reality Therapy and Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Medicare Rebates apply (with GP referral)
Some Private Health Care fund rebates apply
Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia