Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
Deborah is a Psychotherapist and accredited Gestalt Therapist, providing short and long term counselling for individuals and couples. She has a degree in Social Science specialising in gender studies and addictions. Her practice is informed by her belief in equality and social justice.
Deborah is also a Registered Nurse and has been a practicing midwife for over 30 years. She has an interest in working with and supporting women and their partners to navigate the unique and challenging events that present in their lives. She specialises in:
- Couples Counselling
- Same sex couples counselling
- Intimate and significant relationships
- Family issues
- FIFO and relationships
- Parenting, Unintended pregnancy and abortion
- Birthing, Bonding, Birth trauma and neo-natal loss
- Mothering or fathering as a lifetime occupation
- Parenting adolescents and thriving
- Relationships and older age
- Sexuality across the life span
- Carer challenges and stressors
- Career and workplace issues
- Mediation and conflict resolution for issues within families, between neighbours and in the workplace.
- Family Dispute Resolution for separating parents
When working with you as a client Deborah is sincere, caring and non judge mental. She will support and validate you and your experiences and will provide a trusting and safe environment. She will assist you to explore different and effective ways of being with yourself as well as significant people in your life. She uses humour, stories, experiments and demonstrations to assist you to gain the most from your sessions.
Deborah works at a pace that you determine and is respectful of your sensitivities and goals. At the same time she is willing to challenge fixed views and old beliefs that may be keeping you from moving to a position of acceptance, understanding or change.
Deborah is happy to work with clients via SKYPE as she recognises that attending in person is not always possible especially for FIFO clients.
Deborah has published a research paper on issues related to women’s health .
Deborah is an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) and is registered with the Attorney Generals Department to provide Family Dispute Resolution as required under the Family Law Act. Deborah is registered to issue S60I certificates which can be presented to the Family Court to demonstrate mediation has been attended and/or attempted.
Links to Articles:
- Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution
- Perth Couples Counselling – How to respond when your partner won’t attend counselling.
Email: [email protected]