Mentoring is the opportunity to work confidentially with an experienced role model (mentor) who is able to listen, provide guidance and help build self confidence for an employee (mentee) in their career. For employers the benefits may include increased satisfaction in the workplace, a positive work environment, increased confidence, creativity and productivity of staff in undertaking the tasks required as well as promoting and maintaining quality staff.
Mentoring can be a powerful personal development tool to assist a mentee in:
- Gaining confidence and self esteem
- Meeting the challenges in the workplace
- A greater understanding of both the work and external environment
- Improved capacity to make decisions about work life balance
- Planning their next career move strategically
Are you an individual who would like to be mentored?
There are many reasons why an individual may want to be mentored.
- Do you want to feel more confident in your role at work?
- Are you looking for new ways to solve old problems?
- Do you want to learn more practical strategies to navigate the complex work environment?
- Are you looking for a better understanding of the work environment and your role in it?
- Have you taken on a senior role and want guidance in your new role?
- Do you want to make decisions to improve your work life balance?
- Are you considering your next career move?
Are you an organisation that wants to provide mentoring opportunities to your staff?
There are many benefits organisations have identified that come from providing staff with mentoring.
- Do you want to nurture potential leaders?
- Do you want staff to tackle challenges creatively?
- Do you want to retain capable staff?
- Do you want your staff to feel valued?
- Do you want staff to advance within the organisation and with the skills required?
- Do you want to plan for succession of your managers and senior staff?
- Are you looking for a cost effective way of developing confident and capable leaders for your organisation?