Gloria is a registered psychologist who has extensive experience working with clients from adolescents to the elderly and with families. Having worked in both the public and private school system as well as the private sector, Gloria draws on her expertise to provide compassionate support for her clients’ unique needs and goals. With a strong interest in positive psychology and healthy well-being, Gloria draws on a range of evidence-based clinical approaches to ensure counselling intervention is tailored for each client’s individual needs. Gloria provides the highest level of confidentiality and is passionate in her endeavour to help clients overcome various challenges and get back on the path to emotional and mental health wellness.
- Supporting young people through to elderly patients
- Strategies for developing healthy coping skills
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Support and tools for better wellbeing
- Addressing educational and learning needs
- Building resilience
- Developing assertiveness
- Coping with relationships and/or family difference
- Adjusting to adult responsibilities
- Parenting support
- Grief and Loss
Gloria is an accredited Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) provider. She offers parents of young children and adolescents support in implementing effective tools to deal with communication challenges, behavioural issues and mental health difficulties which children may be experiencing whilst also taking care of themselves.
Gloria supports her clients in a calm and comfortable practice environment. She has an open-minded and non-judgemental approach to counselling and listens intently to her clients so she can support them with their particular needs. Gloria implements a range of evidence-based psychological approaches including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Goal Setting
- Strength-Based Psychology
- Positive Parenting Program (Triple P Accredited)
You do not need a referral to see Gloria; however, if your doctor provides you with a Mental Health Care Plan and referral, then Medicare rebates apply for up to 10 sessions per calendar year for a standard consultation.
Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
Australian Psychological Society (Full member)