Counselling, Psychotherapy, and Psychological services for Individuals, Couples and Families.
- Marriage and Relationship Counselling
- Family and Parenting Issues
- Grief Counselling
- Self Esteem Counselling
- Substance Misuse/Addictions
- Personal Development
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Mindfulness Practice and Meditation
- Sexual Abuse Counselling
- Stress Counselling
- Dissociative Disorders
- Workplace Issues
- Anxiety and Panic
- Childhood Trauma Counselling
Diana is a Psychologist, accredited Gestalt Therapist, and experienced Relationship Counsellor and has been practising in Perth, Western Australia for twenty seven years. She is the Principal Psychologist and Proprietor of Cottesloe Counselling Centre.
The Centre has been providing psychological services to the community since 1997.
Diana creates a warm and respectful Therapeutic Environment where individuals may resolve difficulties and increase their capacity for personal growth and fulfilling relationships.
Diana’s therapeutic approach underlines the importance of the relationship between therapist and client as the ground from where the client can develop understanding and awareness regarding their difficulties, increase their resilience and self support, and enhance their well-being.
Diana’s work is informed by her appreciation of the value of meditation and Mindfulness practice. She is a Gestalt Therapist of many years standing and is trained as a Cognitive Behaviour Therapist. Diana has a deep understanding of child and adolescent psychology and family functioning, having worked for many years with parents and families in community based settings.
Diana is an experienced trauma counsellor and psychologist and specialises in the treatment of Posttraumatic Stress reactions resulting from traumatic events in adulthood, or childhood trauma such as physical and Sexual Abuse and neglect. She is skilled in treating Dissociative Disorders that may result from chronic trauma.
Clinical Supervision is offered to psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors and all trainee mental health practitioners on an individual or group basis. Specialist clinical supervision in the treatment of Dissociative Disorders and Posttraumatic Stress Disorders is also available on a group or individual basis.
Diana has written articles on the following topics:
- Adult ADHD
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Caregivers of Alzheimer’s Patients
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Is My Partner Narcissistic?
- Positive Psychology and the Adolescent Brain
- Workplace Stress
- Anger Management
- Being Transgender and Transitioning
- Body Image and Mindful Eating
- Workplace Bullying
- Choosing a Meaningful Career
- Choosing a Therapist
- Communication in Relationships
- Creating a Therapeutic Environment
- Dealing with Feelings of Guilt
- Dealing With Separation or Divorce- From A Child's Perspective
- Dieting - Why do we do it?
- Infidelity in Relationships
- Does My Child Have ADHD?
- Eating Disorders
- FIFO Counselling
- Is My Child Transgender?
- Just Shy, or Social Anxiety?
- Physical And Mental Health Connection
- Pornography Addiction
- Postnatal Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Relationship Breakdown
- Same Sex Relationships: Same, but Different
- Separation Counselling
- Sexual Abuse
- Stress Management
- Transgender Mental Health
- What is Gender?
- What is OCD?
Medicare and Private Health Fund Rebates Apply
Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
Australian Association of Psychologists (Full Member)
Email: [email protected]